We specialise in fisheries law in the region providing legal services for marine products and the fisheries industry. If it happens in the marine environment, we know the law.
Our firm provides advice and representation in the marine business, commercial fisheries, in defence of fisheries prosecutions and Pacific Regional laws. We understand the essence of time on fisheries businesses and its commerce.
Local marine products such as sea cucumber, trochus shell and live fish are but a few marine products that are highly valuable. We know the local source, the resource owners, and ensure they reached their overseas buyers.
- Representing of Fishing vessels for violation of Fisheries regulations and conducting administrative settlements, and release of vessels, crew and catches.
- The lead team in negotiations for the release of the certificate of origin by the Ministry of fisheries for Japanese fish markets, for an overseas client.
- Defending of Vessel, Crews and companies in court for fisheries violations.
- Securing of Fishing Days from the Solomon Islands Government for both long liners and Purseine boat for clients.
- Drafting of agreement and securing of fishing license for overseas and local fishing boats, both in long line and purse seine.
- Defending and prosecution of agreements, relating to fishing products and produces.