We have expertise in Solomon Islands commercial law.
- Drafting of Company rules and NGO’s Constitutions
- Incorporation of foreign companies, local companies, and local community companies
- Registration of Non-Governmental or charitable organisations
- Registration of secured transactions
- Drafting inter-company loans, and securing Central Bank permits
- Trust and probates
- Preparation and filing of trademark and patent applications
- Registration of business names
- Filing of company annual return
- Tax assessment and objections
- Application for tax exemption
- Securing Provincial Business licenses
- Tax planning and advice
- Review of business proposal and project
- Attending board meeting, and drafting of resolutions
Whitlam K Togamae Lawyers has experience in the field of Pacific Island regional corporation. We have been involved and are across complex cases. These include cross-border crime like money laundering and recovery of proceeds of the crime.
We advise on what works in practice on the British Common law (Solomon Islands, Nauru, Kiribati, Fiji, Papua New Guinea) and American common law based jurisdictions (the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Palau) in the Pacific.
We are particularly well placed to advise on how to approach jurisdictions for assistance, how to obtain information and how to develop that information into admissible evidence for use at trial. We understand the offshore jurisdiction of these Island nations.